Notice: If you understand Dutch, we send out a Dutch newsletter as well! Send us an email and we will make sure you will get that one instead: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are only three weeks left. We have an important update so you get this a little bit earlier than you would normally.
The training in Deventer has been moved to Amsterdam!
The training that was planned at the 10th of June has been moved to Amsterdam. This is because we did not receive enough registrations for Deventer and we received too many for the one in Amsterdam. You can register for the training on our website.
This means that there are two trainings in Amsterdam. Both will start at 10:00 and end at 18:00, and both will have the same program.
If you had registered for the training of the 11th, but would rather participate the 10th, then send us a mail. We actually prefer this because it balances the amount of participants per training.
We are looking for volunteers
We are a grassroots movement, which means that all organizers are volunteers! This also means that if you want to help you can easily join. In this case, we are looking for a couple of people who can fulfill specific roles:
- Medics: We are looking people who know first aid. We need these people both at the camp and during the action. If you are uncertain about your first aid skills, this is an ideal moment for you to learn from other people. If you can take a shift, or several, please mail the logistics working group.
- Photographers: Are you, or do you know a talented photographer who would like to capture the front line of the climate movement? Then mail the media and communications working group.
An affinity group consists of four to ten people. They are the building blocks of the action. They exist to keep one another safe during the action and they help to coordinate an action with hundreds of people. There is opportunity at the camp site to form or find a group.
However, if you already have an affinity group (for example your group of friends) then here is a list of subjects and questions to discuss and talk about before the action:
- What are your goals and what do you hope to accomplish?
- What do you hope that will happen?
- What do you hope will not happen?
- How can you support each other during the action?
- What are your personal boundaries, regarding how far you want to go during the action?
- What is the name of your group (this is used to quickly find each other again)
- Are there medical or psychiatric aspects that you want to share?
- Find a buddy (for the buddy system)
There are two important dates on which you should be present to be able to participate in the action:
- At the 22nd of June, be at station Sloterdijk at 11:00 AM to help build up the climate camp
- At the 23rd of June, be at the action camp to prepare for the action. It will be very difficult to join in the action if you only show up the 24th!
With Kind regards,
P.S. Did you share this video yet?