- CR2018 Evaluation conference: strengthen the movement, celebrate succes!
- The camp is here! First great session about Groningen and Gas.
- The Camp Location has been made public: Dieftilweg 4, Leermens
- The Camp Programme Booklet is online!
- We will be making an enormous banner! Want to contribute?
- Sign up for the last action training during the camp on the 25th!
- Find many new details in the ‘action’ and ‘camp’ menus!
- Would your organisation like to support our call for action? Do it now!
- After the action is before the action: going to Ende-Gelaende in October!
Two days and nights we blocked the tankenpark in Farmsum. This is what that looked like.
THAT IS WHY WE ARE DRAWING A LINE: from the city to the countryside, from Groningen and beyond, we are joining forces around Groningen’s liberation day on the 28th of August. With the first mass action of civil disobedience in Groningen we are sending out a powerful signal: leave the gas in the ground! Everyone can contribute, experience is not required.
Together with people from Groningen, Code Rood is also organising an ACTION CAMP IN GRONINGEN from 24 to 31 August. Here, we will offer a wide programme of workshops, trainings and open discussions about gas extraction and a fossil free world. And in the evenings there’ll be a campfire and music. You can stay at the camp overnight, or drop by for a day visit.
June 27 2017: CODE ROOD climate action is a big success!
The first mass civil disobedience action against fossil fuels was a great success! More than 300 people occupied the coal harbor of Amsterdam, pushing it to close down all activity for the day. We ruled the industry today, but the fight against the fossil industries continues. We will continue with our actions in the future: oil, coal and gas must stay in the ground!
Our action added to the pressure and the opening of the discussion around the coal harbour of Amsterdam. The municipality and the harbour company now see that it is a dead end. Even in Rotterdam there is now a discussion about the pointless extention of the EMO contract, and the local resistance has our full support. We put the transporting of coal as a problem on the agenda.